Clearing Browser Cache
Over time web browsers save copies of web page data to allow for faster loading in the future. This occasionally causes problems and is a quick thing to try if you are having trouble with a website. See the instructions below for clearing the cache in the browser you are using.
Shortcut for most browsers:
- Pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Del keys simultaneously will open the prompt to clear the browser information.
- Be sure that "Cache" or "Temporary Internet Files" is checked, the other boxes you can choose to select or deselect.
- If this does not work see below for detailed instructions for your browser.
- Click on the menu button on the top right and choose Settings.
- Type cache in the search box in the top corner.
- You'll see a yellow note highlighting the Clear browsing data option, click on that option.
- At the top, choose "All time" from the drop down list.
- Be sure that the "Cached images and files" box is checked, you may select or deselect the other options as you wish.
- Finish by clicking on the Clear Data button. This may take a few minutes, the box will close when it is complete.
(For mobile devices)
- Open the Chrome browser app.
- Click on the three dots on the top right and choose History.
- At the bottom of your device click on Clear Browsing Data...
- Make sure the selection at the top says clear data from the beginning of time.
- Make sure that at least the Cached Images and files option is checked.
- Press the Clear Data button.
- Close the box and the Settings tab when done.
- Click on the Firefox button in the top left corner of your browser. If you don't see this button, you may have an older version and it's suggested that you upgrade by going to http://getfirefox.com
- Hover your mouse over History and then click on Clear Recent History in the menu.
- At the top, choose Everything from the drop down list.
- Click on the details button to see more options.
- Be sure that the "Cache" box is checked, you may select or deselect the other options as you wish.
- Finish by clicking on the Clear Now browsing data button. This may take a few minutes, the box will close when it is complete.
- Click the Safari menu at the top of the screen, followed by Reset Safari.
- Be sure that the "Remove all website data" is checked, you may select or deselect the other options as you wish.
- Click on the Reset button to complete the process.
(For mobile devices)
- Open the Settings app
- Find Safari in the list
- Scroll down to Clear History and Website data link
- Click the red text to Confirm and complete the clearing.
- Click on Tools or the Gear icon on the top right and choose Internet Options from the menu.
- Click the Delete button about half way down the screen.
- Be sure that the "Temporary Internet files" box is checked, you may select or deselect the other options as you wish.
- Click Delete to complete the process.
- If this does not have the intended effect, try the process again this time uncheck the box labelled "Preserve Favorites website data".
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the browser.
- Choose settings from the bottom of the list.
- Click on the "Choose what to clear" button in the Clear browsing data section.
- Make sure at least Cached data and files is checked.
- Press the Clear button.