Monday through Friday
Engage Support: 1-866-264-1537
Walk Up Support, L120
General Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Do:
The Utica College User Services department is responsible for the operations of all computer labs and faculty staff computers on our Utica campus. In all, over 1700 computers are supported by our staff members as well as our crew of student employees. Please read the following to understand what services the Help Desk provides.
FOR STUDENTS:Only partial support is available for non-college owned devices, such as student laptops or cell phones.
- Help connecting to the wifi network will be provided for most devices, including laptops. See our ResNet / Wireless page for more information and steps to register your device.
- Students will be assisted with any issues regarding network or UC email accounts as well as any other problems encountered while using a college system.
- Anyone using our eLearning system, Engage, can get 24/7 phone or email support by calling 1-866-264-1537 or emailing email@example.com
- Microsoft Office is available for active students but is not supported. See our Microsoft instructions page.
- For assistance with Cable TV in the Residence halls please see our Cable information page.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF:
- The above statements are also true for faculty and staff personal computers or devices. We however do not recommend use of personal equipment for business use due to security concerns.
- The Tech Support Desk provides technical support for all College owned computer equipment purchased by IITS. Phone support, walk in, and "housecall" support is available for most issues by contacting us. We can be reached by phone on campus at extension 3115. Off-campus dial (315)-792-3115 . You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Basic questions can often be answered over the phone. More extensive training may require an appointment with James Farr, the IITS Instructional Technologist.
- To request multimedia services, such as projectors, screens, smart carts, use the online request form. Equipment is available on first come first served basis and may be subject to staff availability as well. Make reservations as far in advance as possible.
- For those of you who have graduated from Utica College you may maintain access to your UC issued email account and BannerWeb. This requires changing your password every 120 days as prompted and renewing your account every 6 months. You will receive emails when renewal is needed, just be sure to check the account so you don't miss the notices. Accounts not renewed are terminated and all data in the account is deleted.
- If you wish to no longer use your UC account you can let it lapse when prompted to renew. You may wish to download the data from your account first; see our Google Takeout instructions.
- For transcripts please visit the Registrar's Transcript request system.
FOR FORMER STUDENTS:
- For those of you who took classes at some point in time but stopped attending without obtaining a degree, your accounts are closed after a period of not being an active student. You will receive warnings before your account is terminated.
- You may wish to download the data from your account; see our Google Takeout instructions.
- If you return to UC an account will be created for you again.
There are no alerts at this time.
View Past Alerts and Updates
No events found
View Events in All Categories
Using Windows, you can put your most often used programs in the top of the start menu so they are easily accessible. Open the start menu and find the program you'd like to access, right click that link and choose Pin To Start Menu. If you want to remove a pinned program, right click on it and choose Remove from Start Menu