Read & Write Gold (R&WG)
Quick Reference Card
Downloads & Help
Version 11.5 - Students, faculty and staff candownload a free version
- Click the link above, login if prompted, and select a place to save the Setup.zip file.
- Once it is downloaded, go to the location and unzip or extract the contents.
- Once it is unzipped open the file and double click setup.exe.
- Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, a licensing box should appear, press Activate.
- First, if you have an old version of Read Write Gold, you'll need to delete it by dragging it into the trash from your applications folder.
- This download requires you to be signed out of Gmail and signed into your Utica email account before clicking the link in the next step. Open a new tab and login to your UC email. You may have to log out of other gmail accounts.
Version 6 - Students, faculty and staff can downloada free version
- After clicking on the download link above, a new tab/page should open showing RWG6_Mac.dmg
- Press the download arrow in the top right of the browser window, another page might pop up saying that it can't scan for viruses, please select Download Anyway.
- The download should go into the Mac Download folder unless told otherwise.
- When it is done you'll see a file called RWG_Mac.dmg in your Downloads, double click this file to mount which will open the file
- Open your Application folder and drag the Read & Write application over into Applications
- For Mac, if the dmg file is giving an error saying that is damaged, it might be a security restriction. To fix this:
- Go to System Preferences>Security and Privacy
- At the bottom of the Page is a Padlock image, next to it says "click the lock to make changes". If it shows as locked then click it and login with your mac account to change the settings.
- Once logged in find "Allow apps Downloaded from:", make sure Anywhere is selected.
- Open the DMG file once again, this time it should give an option box saying "This App was downloaded from the internet", hit okay.