Read & Write Gold (R&WG)
This literacy software is funded by the PASS (Personal Achievement – Stronger Students) Project Grant Provided by the New York Newspapers Foundation
Grant Writers: Sarah Burnett-Wolle and Kateri Henkel
This video describes the features and operation of Version 10 for Windows. The principles apply to Version 11 for Windows and Version 6 for Mac.
Quick Reference Card
Downloads & Help
Windows - Two versions are currently being used
- This install requires you to be signed out of Gmail and signed into your Utica email account before clicking the link in the next step. Open a new tab and login to your UC email. You may have to log out of other gmail accounts.
- Version 11 - Students, faculty and staff can download a free version
- Once clicking the the download link it may ask for a google sign in, if it comes up with the google page, please enter your full utica college email, it will then redirect to the Utica College Log in page
- After clicking the download link, it will open a google drive download page, select download, select a place to save the file
- Once it is downloaded, go to the location and unzip the file
- Once it is unzipped open the file and double click the setup.exe file
- Run the install
- Once the install is done, a licensing box should appear, press Activate
- First, if you have an old version of Read Write Gold, that needs to be deleted by dragging it into the trash from applications
- This install requires you to be signed into to your Utica email account before clicking the link in the next step. Open a new tab and login to your UC email. You may have to log out of other gmail accounts.
- Version 6 - Students, faculty and staff can download a free version
- Once clicking the download link it may ask for a google sign in, if it comes up with the google page, please enter your full utica college email, it will then redirect to the Utica College Log in page
- After clicking on the download button, a new tab/page should open linking to Google Drive with two files, please double click on the file RWG6_Mac.dmg.zip, after clicking on this file a message should pop up saying "No Preview Available", Please select Download (another page might pop up saying that it can't scan for viruses, please select Download Anyway)
- The download should go into the Mac Download folder unless told otherwise, when it is done downloading, click on the file to expand it it
- When it is done expanding it should create a file called RWG_Mac.dmp, double click this file to mount which will open the file, open the application folder and drag the application over into applications
- If the dmg file is giving an error saying that is damaged, it might be a security issue
- Go to System Preferenced>Security and Privacy
- At the bottom of the Page is a Padlock image, next to is says "click the lock to make changes", when it is clicked it will open a login box, login
- Once logged in "Allow apps Downloaded from:", make sure Anywhere is selected.
- Open the DMG file once again, this time it should give an option box saying "This App was downloaded from the internet", hit okay.
For Support with this Software Please Choose the Links Below