Psychology - Program Student Learning Goals
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major subfields of psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statistical inference and probabilistic reasoning as applied to psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the scientific method is applied to sound research design in psychology.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate psychological concepts clearly and effectively in writing.
- Demonstrate an ability to use American Psychological Association citation style, construct written reports conforming to APA style, and avoid plagiarism.
UC's psychology department offers excellent facilities for research and discovery.
[Click here for full list]
- Abe Judson Memorial Psychology Center - features statistical and stiumuli software on all computers
- Animal Behavior Laboratories - located in Gordon Science Center, for research on behavior and visual perception
- Child Development Laboratory - with one-way mirrored observation room
JOIN US ON CAMPUS:
SATURDAY INFO SESSIONS
Q&A with staff followed by a campus tour.
Learn more about programs, financial aid, student life, more.
Upcoming events >
"The field placements through UC provided me with the important experiences that helped me get my job and be competent at it." "The field placements through UC provided me with the important experiences that helped me get my job and be competent at it."
Miriam Carrillo '95