Physical Therapy Program
Physical Therapy at UC
Physical Therapy Faculty
James (Jim) M. Smith, D.P.T.
Professor of Physical Therapy
Office: 305 Romano Hall
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Northeastern University
- Master of Arts in Psychology (Neuroscience Program), University of Hartford
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Simmons College
- 12 years of hospital-based practice and continuing part-time practice over the last 12 years.
- Acute care physical therapy.
- Examination and interventions for impairments of the neuromuscular and integumentary systems.
- Pharmacology in rehabilitation.
- Knowledge translation and integration to inform the practice of acute care physical therapy.
- Development of a clinical practice guideline for identification of post-intensive care syndrome.
A Message From The Interim ChairWelcome. We create opportunities for adult learners to become knowledgeable and skilled practitioners who care for their patients and profession first and foremost.
Read more >
All DPT Applicants:
Applicants must read the DPT Info Guide thoroughly before applying.
View / Download Guide >
DPT PROGRAM OUTCOMES
For information on graduation rate, licensure pass rate, and employment rate, click here.
Supplemental Items For PTCAS Applicants ALL DPT Applicants must download, read, sign, and date these three (3) forms:
- the Essential Functions of a Physical Therapist form
- the Disciplinary History form
- the Office of the Professions Statement form
- the Clinical Observation Form
...and return all three to:
Utica College Graduate Admissions
120 White Hall
1600 Burrstone Road
Utica, NY 13502
NOTE: Your application will NOT BE COMPLETE until these signed and dated forms are returned to the Graduate Admissions office.