Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
Thomas (Tom) J. Diana, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education
Office: C131 Library Concourse
Tom's research and scholarship activities focus on science teacher development at both the preservice and inservice levels. He teaches both the elementary and secondary science methods courses at UC. He is currently a member of the Professional Development Committee for the Associate for Science Teacher Education (ASTE). Thomas is also the faculty advisor for the Alpha Delta Phi chapter of Kappa Delta Pi (International Honor Society in Education) and the Education Club (UC - TEACH).
Diana, T.J. (in press). Co-teaching: Enhancing teaching and learning of peservice teachers. Accepted for publication in the journal Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) Record.
Diana, T.J. & Ghose, S. (2013). Enhancing teacher quality in the U.S.: Developing reform-oriented teacher education programs for elementary science teachers. US-China Education Review 3(10): 749-760.
Diana, T.J. (2013). Microteaching revisited: Using technology to enhance the professional development of pre-service teachers. The Clearing House 86(4): 150-154.
Diana, T.J. (2013). Developing reflective teachers with the research-based rationale. Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) Record, 49(1): 26-29.
Diana, T.J. (2011). Becoming a teacher leader through action research. Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) Record 47(4):170-173.
Tillotson, J.W., Ochanj, M.K., & Diana, T.J. (2004). Studying the game: Action research in science education. In J. Weld (Ed.) The game of science education. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.Courses taught at Utica College:
- UCC 101 - First Year Seminar
- EDU 111 - Introduction to Teaching
- EDU 321 - Foundations of American Education
- EDU 337 - Adolescent Science Methods
- EDU 344 - Science & Technology Methods: Birth - Childhood
- EDU 471/571/671 - Student Teaching Seminar
- EDU 475/476/575/576 - Student Teaching Supervision
- EDU 511 - Introduction to Teaching
- EDU 537 - Adolescent Science Methods
- EDU 544 - Science & Technology Methods: Birth - Childhood
- EDU 632 - Data-based Decision Making